Calendar of Ukrainian Events in San Francisco Bay Area
This calendar automatically loads future events from Facebook pages of Ukrainian organizations in San Francisco Bay Area.
You can import this calendar into your own calendar applications (on your phones, computers, etc.). Scroll down for details.
Subscribing on your computers/devices
This calendar exists in ics format here: http://www.korkuna.com/public/calendars/ukr_events_sf.ics
Feel free to import it into calendar apps on your phone/computer. Follow the directions for your specific calendar app to subscribe to an online calendar using the link above.
Step-by-step instructions for some of the common apps:
Adding the calendar on iPhone (click to expand)
Follow these steps to add this calendar to your iPhone’s Calendar app:
- Copy the calendar link http://www.korkuna.com/public/calendars/ukr_events_sf.ics
- Go to Settings -> Accounts & Passwords -> Add Account -> Other -> Add Subscribed Calendar
- Paste the link into the Server field and click Next
- Update the Description with a readable calendar name (e.g. “Ukrainian events in SF Bay Area”) and press Save
- Done. Now when you open the Calendar app you’ll see Ukrainian community events there.
Adding the calendar on Mac (click to expand)
Follow these steps to add this calendar to your Mac’s Calendar app:
- Open Calendar app
- In the top menu choose File -> New Calendar Subscription…
- Copy and paste the link to the calendar (http://www.korkuna.com/public/calendars/ukr_events_sf.ics) into Calendar URL field
- Press Subscribe
- In the next window, set a meaningful name (e.g. “Ukrainian events in SF Bay Area”) and change Auto-refresh to Every day
- Press OK. New events should immediately show up in your calendar.
Adding to Google Calendar (click to expand)
Follow these steps to add this calendar to your Google Calendar:
- Make sure you’re logged in to your Google account in your browser.
- Click this link to open the calendar in Google Calendar format: https://goo.gl/gK3vfD
- In the lower right click on +Google Calendar button
- Add calendar pop-up shows up. Press ADD
- The calendar called “http://www.korkuna.com/public/calendars/ukr_events_sf.ics” will show up in the list on the left. Click on “?” next to it and choose Settings to update settings.
- Change the Name to something meaningful (e.g. “Ukrainian events in SF Bay Area”).
- Go back to your calendar and you should see events show up there.
Currently followed pages
We currently load events from the following Facebook pages:
- Nova Ukraine
- Ukrainian American Coordinating Council (temporarily disabled, will move to USA global calendar soon)
- Ukrainian Heritage Club of Northern California
- UNWLA San Jose, Branch 107
- St. Michaels Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- Immaculate Conception Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church
- Ukrainian Hall San Francisco
- Ukrainian Event Center and Music Hall
- Ukrainian School of San Francisco / Українська Школа Сан-Франциско
- Ukrainian School – Рідна Школа San Francisco
If you know of the pages that should be added to this list, please email ostap [at] novaukraine.org
It may take up to 24 hours for a newly created event to show up here.